In case anyone is worried about me because of how much I have been cooking. I am here to re-assure you I am not sick or having a mid life crisis, I think I am finally growing up!
Today I had some well too ripe banana's to eat, so I made some way easy, yet delicious Banana Bread.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening, margarine, or butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, very, very ripe and well mashed
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 c. nuts (optional)
Cream sugar and shortening. Add beaten eggs. Mix and add banana's, flour and soda (mix as little as possible; the longer you mix, the tougher your bread will be). Grease and flour bread pans. Bake at 325 for 30 to 60 minutes. Coat with butter after bread is baked. Top with white frosting, if desired. Makes 2 loafs.
No comments:
Post a Comment