Crock pot recipe's don't look very pretty. And I don't think I would call this one a success, but I don't think it was a disaster, so I guess that makes it a "non-disaster," so I am going to go ahead and post it. I bought the wrong kind of beans, that were not pre-cooked, so the crunchy beans did not fare to great with the kids and hubby. And it was slightly dry so, so if anyone makes it I would double the water, or add some kind of juices. Other than that... it had potential to be good. It almost turns out looking like a pizza, the way it is layered, so if someone gives it a try, let me know!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1/2c. chopped green pepper
- 1 can pinto or kidney beans
- 1 can green chili
- 1/3 c. of water
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. fiesta mix cheese
- tortillas
Brown beef, onions and peppers. Add beans, chili, chili powder, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, cover for 10 minutes. Tear tortillas into medium size pieces. In crockpot layer tortilla, 1/2 the mixture and then 1 cup of cheese. Repeat. Cook on low 5 to 7 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment