This is just a super easy recipe. Our friends always request them at Christmas, and they are my kids favorite treat. I usually double the frosting recipe. I also prefer not to make a sandwich with mine. I usually load 1-2 cups of frosting on a single cookie and pretend not to notice the frosting oozing out the side of my mouth as I shove it on in. But hey, thats just me.
2 packages devils food cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
In a large bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs, and oil. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread on bottom of half the cookies and top with remaining cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rikki did a post!! I think the world can come to an end!!! But it was a beautiful, fanstastic, extravagant post!!
I already made the Oreo Cookies tonight. They were really good, except that I wasn't paying attention to the part about doubling the frosting. I ran short of that. My BAD!
Post a Comment